Tuesday 6 July 2010

colourart



There are so many talented crafters on this planet and today i'm going to tell you abit more about another one. Amanda from colourart is a creative person who does some fabulous painting, i spoke to her to find out more.

What Inpires you?

Lots. Nature is one of the biggest inspirations. Such a wealth of material, from flowers to the sea to animals to colour and texture. I have a fair few design books many of them focusing on colour, colour is so important when designing and colour inspiration can come from anywhere, fashion, interiors, art, outdoors, the list goes on.

When did you start crafting?

As far back as I can remember I have loved to draw, paint and make things. I studied textile design and was lucky enough to have a creative job. Along the way I have tried lots of crafts, pottery, jewellery making, to name a few. I have been painting seriously since 2007 and am now working on a new project.

Do you have a favourite item out of your range?

Yes. 'Down on the Farm' because its one of the first nursery canvasses I painted and all the animals look like they are having such fun. I have painted it several times since I first sold it and its always a pleasure.




What is your best tip for other crafters?

Enjoy it! Most important. If you are selling your craft make sure you achieve a fair price for your craft. Be prepared to evolve, you may find learning one craft could lead to a another craft which you enjoy.

What are your plans for the future?


Wedding stationery. I am currently putting together a range of bespoke wedding stationery. I have a studio full of paper, ribbon and beads; and of course painting many more canvasses

You can view Amandas work at



No comments:

Post a Comment